Edward L. Wampold, age 88, of Peachtree Corners, GA, peacefully passed away October 15, 2016 with his loving family by his side.
Ed served in our United States Army serving in both WWII and the Korean Conflict. He worked for Johnson & Johnson as a National Sales Manager and earned many achievements and awards and served on many boards throughout his life. Some of his positions and awards include:
- Honorary Doctorate from Auburn University for the College of Science & Math
- Recipient Lifetime Achievement Award from Auburn University for the College of Science & Math
- Past Director Auburn University Past National Alumni Board
- Emeritus Member American Association of Blood Banks
- Past Director of American Blood Commission
- Northside Hospital Board of Directors
- Member of the Atlanta Athletic Club
- Founder & Co-Chair COSAM Dean's Scholarship Golf Classic.
Ed is survived by his loving wife of 56 years, Diane Eve Wampold; sons and daughters in-law, Troy and Heidi Wampold, Edward Chandler and Terri McDavid; daughter and son in-law, Tracy and Gary Cline; grandchildren, Clem, Lauren, Morgan, Carson, and Tanner; great-grandchild, Palmer.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 in the Peachtree Chapel of Crowell Brothers Funeral Homes and Crematory. Entombment will follow at Peachtree Memorial Park with military honors. The family will receive friends on Tuesday October 18th, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.crowellbrothers.com.
Arrangements entrusted by
Crowell Brothers Funeral
Homes and Crematory
5051 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard
Norcross-Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Published in the Montgomery Advertiser on Oct. 17, 2016.